Taunton Acupuncture Coronavirus Statement
Taunton Acupuncture is based within Taunton Chiropractors Centre which remains open for all routine appointments. Medical Acupuncture is practised by either our Osteopath or Chiropractor and both of these professions are recognised as an essential Healthcare service.
We would like to reassure all our patients with upcoming appointments that every precaution is being taken to minimize exposure to Coronavirus. Special measures have been put in place for patient and staff safety.
It is a requirement that all patients declare they are fit and well with no Covid-like symptoms and agree to our Coronavirus Safety Procedures. All new and returning patients must give their Consent to Care before your appointment can be confirmed (this is usually done via email).
Our Safety Measures:
- Increased cleaning time throughout the day to allow for thorough sanitisation of treatment benches
- 2 separate waiting areas to reduce patient contact
- Our staff are regularly sanitising common areas: surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine (most transactions will be contactless)
- Our staff are taking extra precautionary measures themselves and are wearing appropriate PPE, in line with current guidance from Public Health England.
- All staff have had their vaccination(s) and are having regular lateral flows tests
- Morning appointments prioritised for those more vulnerable patients
Coronavirus Safety Procedures - Please adhere to the following instructions:
- Arrive wearing your own face covering. We have additional face masks for patient use if required.
- Female patients: we prefer you to wear your own clothes (loose, light, stretchy clothing), but our patient gowns may be requested in advance.
- Please be aware of other patients and respect social distancing.
- Use the main entrance, and follow directions from our signage and team members.
- Please arrive on time, if you're more than 5 minutes early, you may be asked to wait outside. All Dr. Medlock’s Osteopathic patients may proceed directly upstairs.
- Everyone must use the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building.
- Please attend your appointment on your own (unless you are under 16 years old or require assistance, in which case we require anyone accompanying you to make a covid declaration).
Test & Trace
- Please let us know if you have any covid symptoms or test positive for Covid within 48hours of attending the Clinic
- If you provide our details as a contact via the Test and Trace programme, please be aware that Chiropractors & Osteopaths are NOT general contacts. As regulated professions we come under the Healthcare category
- If you have the NHS Covid 19 app on your smartphone, you are welcome to scan the QR code which is displayed in both upstairs & downstairs waiting areas. (Although as a regulated profession this is not a legal requirement for us).
Payment & Receipts
We are taking card & cash payments and have approved cleaning procedures in place.Receipts will be emailed if required.
Moderate or Higher risk patients ...
If you, or someone in your household/under your care is in a higher risk group for complications from the virus then we require you to provide us with details so we can risk assess your visit. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to only attend if urgent care is required. We will aim to offer those patients a morning appointment where possible. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (for two weeks time)
If you, or someone in your household/under your care is self-isolating, or have any symptoms such as:
- new continuous cough
- high temperature*
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- new shortness of breath
Use the 111 online service if you have any of these symptoms, however mild
*We may check your temperature on arrival to the clinic
Please call for the latest updates
We are reviewing guidance daily and all procedures are being constantly reviewed. There may be changes and updates. We will do our best to keep you informed.
Mutual trust to keep us all safe
We reopened the Clinic on 1st June 2020 and have been extremely busy treating patients old and new. Whilst we maintain our Covid secure practice we would like to thank all of our patients for adhering to Government guidelines. It is this mutual trust and respect that has meant we are continuing to keep all of our patients and staff healthy and safe.
Last updated 12/04/2021